- The book must have been read at least over a month ago, only once, and something you haven’t reviewed yet (duh).
- You must review the book without rereading the synopsis or other reviews prior to writing your own.
- Your past due review should include the following:
- The date you actually read the book
- What you remember the book being about (your own summary or synopsis so to speak)
- What you remember liking or disliking about characters/setting/writing.
- What you actually felt or lasting impressions about the book.
- A meme or gif that sums up your overall impression or thought of the book
Guys, this is supposed to be funny, not articulate. So if you participate, try to have fun with it!
The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren
Date Read: July 8, 2019
What’s her names sister is having a wedding, and didn’t have to pay for it at all because she won a bunch of contests to basically fund the whole thing. Somehow the buffet provides food poisoning to everyone except what’s her name and the best man (brother of the groom), what’s his face. With an non refundable or exchangeable won honeymoon to be spent the two of them are sent off to utilize it in their place. Due to something what’s her face overheard what’s his face saying about her, they have a semi strained relationship. A chance encounter causes them to lie about them actually being married and once the lies start rolling they keep going begging the other to keep up the charade.
I remember thinking this book was funny, cute, and entirely predictable. It reminded me too much of one of my favorite Adam Sandler movies though, Just Go With It. I was slightly disappointed by how much correlated between the two and I wondered how much of it was ripped off or if it was entirely coincidental? Still I liked the book enough. But if you liked this book and haven’t seen it, I think it’s pretty dang funny.
I’m Curious \ ^_^ /
Have your read this book? What do you think of the Past Due Review? Know anyone who needs to finally bring about their FRTC to fruition?