I went on this unexplained hiatus after being overwhelmed by the overall book reviewing thing. I was drowning in ARC’s that I felt terrible for not having time to get to, I couldn’t get those rising stats I aspired for, and overall just lost the spark and desire to read for over a month. Upon my return to the whole, I want to read all the books feeling, I came to realize that I fell into that hole that so many reviewers find themselves in. You know what I am talking about, you see it all over Goodreads, the infamous “FRTC” (Full Review To Come). I mean, ouch, I used to pride myself in reviewing a book as soon as I finished it so all my thoughts would be fresh. But, alas, here I am. Through discussion with Rae, we have devised a new meme for both of us to participate, and anyone else who may very well need it!
The Past Due Review
- The book must have been read at least over a month ago, only once, and something you haven’t reviewed yet (duh).
- You must review the book without rereading the synopsis or other reviews prior to writing your own.
- Your past due review should include the following
- The date you actually read the book
- What you remember the book being about (your own summary or synopsis so to speak)
- What you remember liking or disliking about characters/setting/writing.
- What you actually felt or lasting impressions about the book.
- A meme or gif that sums up your overall impression or thought of the book
That is it! Feel free to participate or tag a friend who desperately needs to catch up on their own FRTC’s! Let us know what you think, as we always love feedback!